Return to Work Following Mental Health Problems, 2001-2002
Principal Investigator: Dr Fiona Ford, University of Liverpool
I co-ordinated user involvement and contributed to the successful funding application to the Department for Work and Pensions: “Retention and rehabilitation of workers with mental health problems: development and evaluation of an evidence-based workplace training package”.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publication
- Canvin, K. & Ford, F.M. (2002) Positive steps on the path to employment: returning to work after mental health problems [abstract]. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 56 Suppl 2:A10.
- Ford, F., Canvin, K., Lewis, C. (2003) How do you manage when someone at work has a mental health problem? Do’s and Don’ts of Mental Health in the Workplace. Unpublished report. Available at http://www.buryest.myzen.co.uk/services/efd/mentalhealthtips.pdf
- Ford, F., Canvin, K., Lewis, C. (2003) Working with Mental Health. Unpublished report. Available at http://www.uclan.ac.uk/schools/postgraduate_medical_dental_education/files/health_sphcs_ford_mental_health_problems.pdf
- Ford, F.M., Canvin, K., Lewis, C. Job retention and rehabilitation of people with mental health problems: An evidence-based workplace intervention. Invited talk to Sefton Social Services, Liverpool, 2002.
- Ford, F.M., Lewis, C., Canvin, K. (presenter) Mental health: no barrier? The NHS as good corporate citizen. Invited workshop at The NHS as Good Corporate Citizen Conference, Birmingham 2002.
Peer Reviewed Conference Contributions
- Ford, F.M. & Canvin, K. Return to Work after Mental Health Problems: the professionalisation of experience. European Public Health Association ASM, Oslo 2004.
- Ford, F.M. & Canvin, K. What can health professionals do to promote the functional recovery of people with mental health problems? SAPC Conference, Manchester 2003.
- Canvin, K. & Ford, F.M. The professionalisation of experience: Making experiences of mental ill health work. British Sociological Association Medical Sociology Group Conference, York, September 2002.
- Canvin, K. & Ford, F.M. Positive steps on the path to employment: returning to work after mental health problems. Society for Social Medicine Annual Scientific Meeting, Liverpool, September 2002.
- Canvin, K. & Ford, F.M. Return to work following mental illness: work in progress. British Sociological Association Medical Sociology Group Conference, York, September 2001